The parties to this Agreement are Her Majesty the Queen in right of the Province of British Columbia (the "Province") and the person or individual ("you") that has been or will be issued a Basic BCeID account to access various e-Services offered by the Province and other participating public-sector organizations in British Columbia.
In consideration of the Province providing you with a Basic BCeID, you agree as follows.
1) You agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
2) You consent to the collection of your registration information.
3) You consent to the disclosure of your registration information to any e-Service you apply for or access using your Basic BCeID account.
4) You will not:
a) permit any third-party to use your Basic BCeID account user ID or password;
b) divulge, share or compromise your Basic BCeID account password;
c) use or attempt to use the Basic BCeID account user ID of any other person;
d) test or examine the security related to Basic BCeID account;
e) take any action that might reasonably be construed as compromising, altering or rendering ineffective the BCeID system; or
f) decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the BCeID system.
5) The Province may cancel your Basic BCeID account at anytime, in its sole discretion, if:
a) you fail to abide by this Agreement;
b) as a security measure; or
c) for administrative purposes.
If you do not use your Basic BCeID account for a period of six consecutive months, it may be classified as inactive and may be cancelled.
6) You agree that the Province is not responsible for any costs, losses or damages you may incur:
a) because of matters outside of its control, including the availability of the Internet; or
b) because the BCeID service is not available for any reason; or
c) because you failed to comply with this Agreement.
7) You agree not to use your Basic BCeID account for any purpose other than to access e-Services offered by the Province or other participating public-sector organizations in British Columbia.
8) You agree to be bound by any changes to this Agreement that may, from time to time, be published on the BCeID Web Site.
9) You agree that you may have to apply, and be approved, for access to some e-Services.
11) You agree that the BCeID service is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, with respect to performance, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Province does not warrant that BCeID will function without error, failure or interruption.
12) You will not, without the prior written consent of the Province, assign or transfer this Agreement or any of its rights under this Agreement.
13) This Agreement is governed by and is to be construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia.